A DESCRIPTION OF THE PROTOTYPE
GEEWHEZ is a new and innovative portable, customizable platform designed for plug-in
modules to support SMEs on their diary business activities at Theme and Animal Parks.
Previous solutions showed little flexibility and specificity for what concerns existing
SMEs and in some cases, a hard to understand procedure.
GEEWHEZ will integrate information for the entire park infrastructure and will show
the information really needed to satisfy the park requests in terms of reliability,
maintenance, standard, security and safety. The platform will provide a solid engine
(an ad-hoc middleware) able to develop, maintain, and enhance an ERP, where all
the basic tasks can be achieved CONFIGURING and NOT PROGRAMMING the system; it will
be flexible enough to assure access and to upgrade all the core functionalities
GEEWHEZ platform is reliable, easy to use and completely customisable to Park and
zoos needs hence, useful in a wide variety of practical applications by
- Supporting SMEs during their resource management control adapted to their particular
characteristics and requirements (shop, restaurants ...).
- Collecting data gathered by GEEWHEZ platform and comparing with reference values
to take real time decisions.
- Using a single, easy to handle and customized tool for user with little programming
or analyzing skills.
- Showing a robust and structured enough platform to guarantee an extreme easy-to-handle
- The use of a flexible enough tool to integrate the whole software solution.
GEEWHEZ lays on a common infrastructure, a middleware where the different modules
can be connected and can share information among them. Furthermore, GEEWHEZ will
integrate the information provided by these modules allowing new correlated analysis.
The modules are as follows:
- Management and control of resources as for instance tickets, retail management
- Water monitoring system. The automatic control of basic physic-chemical parameters
of the water for aquatic animals at pools.
- Surveillance system. The automatic control of both visitors´ behaviour and
animals at their enclosure including the surveillance of escaping animals especially
- Leisure system. A wireless/mobile network available for visitors at their mobile
device. The application will allow visitors to receive a number of services which
make its visit much interesting. This application will be available at the whole
Park by a wireless network (Fig. 1)..